HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd (Formerly HDFC ERGO Health Insurance)
HDFC ERGO is a 51:49 joint venture between HDFC Ltd and ERGO, which is the primary insurance entity of the Munich Re Group of Germany. HDFC ERGO, the 3rd largest Private General Insurer with a 6.2% market share, offers products like Motor, Health, Travel, Home, Personal Accident and Cyber Insurance in the retail space and customized products like Property, Marine and Liability Insurance in the corporate space through its network of 203 branches spread across 170 cities and a wide distribution network.
Awards Won by HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd has been showered with several awards for instituting innovative insurance products that cater to the prevailing insurance needs of the current generation.
- ✔ICAI Awards for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- ✔Best Customer Experience Award of the Year (Financial Sector) by Kamikaze
- ✔SKOCH Order-of-Merit for Claims Survey Management (CMS) for qualifying amongst the Top 100-projects in India
- ✔CAI Awards for Excellence in Financial Reporting Annual Report FY 2014-15 under the Category III – Insurance Sector
- ✔HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd has been rated iAAA by ICRA (an associate of Moody’s Investors Service) indicating highest claim paying ability.
- ✔CMS Outstanding Affiliate World-Class Service Award 2015 by Chubb Multinational Solutions
- ✔HDFC ERGO is awarded BEST GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY in INDIA by International Alternative Investment Review (IAIR)
- ✔Gold Shield ICAI Awards for Excellence in Financial Reporting for the year 2012-13
- ✔HR Excellence through technology award
- ✔at Asia's Best Employer Brand Awards 2012
- ✔Best Employer Brand Award by IPE BFSI
Insurance Policies Provided by HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd (Formerly Apollo Munich Health Insurance)
The leading insurer HDFC ERGO Insurance Co LTD offers a wide range of health insurance products. Apart from health insurance, the company offers Travel Insurance plans and Personal Accident plans. Below are the details of HDFC ERGO Insurance policies online:
Medical treatments are very expensive and can easily drain out all your savings if you are not insured, so it is must to have a health insurance policy to safeguard your health. HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers plenty of health insurance products to fulfil the requirements of different sector of people.
Following are the health insurance policies provided by HDFC ERGO:
- ✔HDFC ERGO Optima Restore: This HDFC ERGO Health Insurance policy is designed for the family as well as for the individual. This health insurance policy offer to restore benefits up to 100 % of the Sum Insured after the entire Sum Insured is exhausted
Travel insurance policies offered by HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd ensure your economic security and safety during your trip in a foreign land. This plan is designed for individuals, families, senior citizens and also for frequent travellers. However, you should choose any travel insurance plan online as per your requirements.
Let’s take a look at HDFC ERGO travel insurance policies.
- ✔HDFC ERGO Easy Travel Insurance Plan for Individual: This plan covers for thefts, illnesses and other unforeseen accident during an abroad trip. This travel insurance policy is available in five variants such as Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Asian Region. The Sum Insured of this travel insurance policy varies between USD 25,000 and USD 5, 00,000.
- ✔HDFC ERGO Easy Travel Insurance Plan for Family: This policy aims to secure the trip of an entire family. This is available in three variants such as Silver, Bronze and Asian Region. The Sum Insured of this plan ranges between USD 25,000 and USD 1, 00,000. This policy provides coverage for two adults and two children.
- ✔HDFC ERGO Easy Travel Insurance Plan for Senior Citizen: This plan is applicable for the people ageing between 71 and 80 years. It comes in two variants such as Silver and Bronze. The Sum Insured options of the variants of this top travel insurance plan are USD 1,00,000 and USD 50,000 respectively.
- ✔HDFC ERGO Annual Multi-Tripp Easy Travel Insurance Plan: This travel insurance online plan from HDFC ERGO offers complete protection to those who keep travelling throughout the year. This plan comes with four variants like Platinum, Gold, Silver and Asian Region. The Sum Insured options of the variants of this HDFC ERGO travel insurance plan are in the range of USD 25,000 and USD 5, 00,000.
- ✔HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance Plan for Student: It is designed especially for students. This scheme safeguards students against unexpected mishaps in foreign countries. As per this plan, students can customize their plans according to their university requirements. This HDFC ERGO travel insurance scheme comes in four variants like Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. The Sum Insured of this travel insurance plan is in the range of USD 50,000 and USD 500,000.
Personal Accident Insurance
Personal accidental insurance from HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company (Formerly Apollo Munich Health Insurance) ensures financial stability for yourself and your family in case of an accident.
Following are the details of this Personal Accident Insurance plan:
- ✔Personal Accident Premium Plan: As per this plan from HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company, policyholders will get a lump sum amount in case of death, permanent total/temporary disability due to an accident. This policy covers persons between the age group of 91 days to 69 years.
- ✔Personal Accident Standard Plan: The policy can be issued for 1 year. The plan can be purchased for both individual and family floater basis. The family includes spouse, dependent children and dependent parents. Under this plan, you can avail a 10% discount if two or more members are covered in a single policy.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Renewal Procedure (Formerly Apollo Munich Health Insurance)
Renewal of health insurance plan from HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd is as important as purchasing it. The payment for renewal can be made 60 days before the policy expiry date.
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers 30 days grace period to renew your policy. Renewal premium is calculated based on insured age at the time of renewal.
At the time of your HDFC ERGO Health Insurance renewal, you can choose a different policy with different Sum Insured and also can change policy term. HDFC ERGO Health Insurance renewal online is easy and convenient.
You should follow some simple steps to complete the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance renewal:
- ✔First, you have to log into the official website of HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited and click on ‘Renew’ tab and choose 'Health Insurance' to initiate HDFC ERGO Health Insurance renewal.
- ✔Next, you have to enter your policy number or mobile number or email id and click on 'Renew Now'.
- ✔After that, you have to enter details regarding your own-self.
- ✔Thereafter, you will get HDFC ERGO Health Insurance quotes for premium and you need to pay it digitally to complete online renewal.
- ✔After paying the premium, you will receive a mail stating the confirmation of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance renewal online.
Claim Settlement Procedure of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Policies (Formerly Apollo Munich Health Insurance)
The most useful feature you need to look for before buying insurance policies is that company’s claim settlement ratio. HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd has an efficient, simple and transparent claim settlement procedure.
According to the survey, the insurer has settled more than Rs.2912 crore claims. This insurer ensures that each of its clients gets the maximum benefits whenever a claim is filed against their particular policy.
You will need to follow some basic simple steps to register a claim with HDFC ERGO. You should also note that the claim procedure for different insurance plans under HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company is different.
But there will be some general steps that will be same for each policy claim procedure:
- ✔To register a claim with HDFC ERGO General Insurance, you have to inform the company at your earliest. Depending on the type of policy, fill a claim form to provide them with some necessary information.
- ✔You can also call the toll-free number of HDFC ERGO to register claim immediately.
- ✔Fill the necessary form with important details, thereafter you will be subjected to inspection by a surveyor send by the company (depending on the policy type).
- ✔Once your claim gets approved by the company, you will receive the compensation as per your Sum Insured within a specific period.
- ✔You can also read the policy document of HDFC ERGO to read further details of the claim
- ✔You should inform the insurer at least 48 hrs before, for planned hospitalization and emergency hospitalization, you are required to inform the insurer within 24 hrs. You can also register your claim by visiting the official website of HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company.
- ✔Your appointed doctor will fill the form and you are asked for providing the supporting documents.
- ✔Then within 60 minutes, you will get your cashless claim approved.
To register health insurance claim with HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company,
Contact HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd
Registered Office Address:HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited, 1st Floor, HDFC House, 165-166 Backbay Reclamation, H. T. Parekh Marg, Churchgate, Mumbai – 400 020.
Customer Care No: 022-6234-6234
Customer Care Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- New India Assurance Company Limited
- National Insurance Company Limited
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited
- United India Insurance Company Limited
- Oriental Insurance Company Limited
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd
- SBI General Insurance Company Limited
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Limited